Breaking News from Fairness & Accuracy in Reporting:
- Insurance Lobby Talking Points Don’t Come With Warning Labels
Election Focus 2020: The healthcare industry’s efforts to block all meaningful change in our medical system would not be nearly so successful were corporate media not working in tandem to spread these… (Click on article title to continue reading)
- Corporate Media Equate Sanders to Trump—Because for Them, Sanders Is the Bigger Threat
If they were an absurd stretch in 2016, efforts to make a Sanders/Trump equivalence today are even more desperate and disingenuous.
- Vijay Prashad on India Demonstrations, Manuel Perez-Rocha on NAFTA 2.0
The far-right Modi government's discriminatory ideas around citizenship have been a trigger for the massive demonstrations, but our guest explains that is not the whole story.
- ‘This Is Already a Hot War the US Is Prosecuting Against Iran’ – CounterSpin interview with Gregory Shupak about
"This, I think, is one of the more central and deeper and troubling assumptions in imperialist media, that the United States and its partners are allowed to kill whomever they want, wherever they… (Click on article title to continue reading)
- 23 Headlines Obscure Biden’s Lies About Cutting Social Security
Election Focus 2020: Headlines from 23 different media outlets covering Sanders’ critique of Biden’s Social Security record obscured crucial facts by making no mention of surely pertinent information…. (Click on article title to continue reading)
Breaking News from the Center for Media and Democracy:
- "The House is on Fire," Climate Strikes Come to America March 15
- The Koch Brothers' Freedom Partners Group Spends $115.2 Million in 2017
- Heavy-Handed Industry Maneuver to Crush Soda and Grocery Taxes Is on Oregon Ballot
- Democrats Reintroduce DISCLOSE Act to Combat Dark Money "Poison"
- Coal Lobbyist Hosted Fundraisers for Senators Evaluating His Nomination for Top EPA Post
Breaking News from Columbia Journalism Review:
- Government funding for journalism: necessary evil or just evil?
As advertising revenue continues to decline, virtually every publisher in North America has had to seek other sources of funding. Some have turned to venture capital, while others are experimenting wi… (Click on article title to continue reading)
- Q&A: Mary Louise Kelly on navigating Iran after Soleimani’s death
To paraphrase Tolstoy’s line about unhappy families, all countries are complicated in their own way. Iran’s tricky for the unpredictable nature of reporting there. You could be thrown in jail, like co… (Click on article title to continue reading)
- How the Washington Post pulled off the hardest trick in journalism
It would be trite to force an Amazon metaphor onto the Washington Post in my first column just because they are both owned by the same rich guy. And for that reason, I will do it. The Washington Post… (Click on article title to continue reading)
- Democrats say Trump is trying to “cheat” in 2020. He’s not the only threat to the election.
In recent days, President Trump’s Senate impeachment trial has been framed, in many quarters, as a programming clash with the 2020 election—a distraction felt especially acutely by the senators/jurors… (Click on article title to continue reading)
- Intimidation is a form of violence
Earlier this week more than twenty thousand people, many of them armed, converged on Richmond, Virginia, to protest legislative efforts meant to reduce gun violence. Those efforts include a one-per-mo… (Click on article title to continue reading)