Breaking News from Fairness & Accuracy in Reporting:
- Media Elevate Eugenicists, Sideline Disabled Voices in Discussions of Covid Rationing
Corporate media have elevated some experts without disclosing their troubling views on disability, aging and the value of human life.
- Corporate Media’s Leaked Chinese Documents Confirm China Didn’t Hide Covid-19
When Western media reports omit necessary context, they imply that the appropriate benchmark to compare China’s response to is perfection, which it inevitably falls short of, allowing the creation of… (Click on article title to continue reading)
- ‘The Lost Cause in Some Ways Won the Civil War’
"I think we've underestimated how much you can whip up racism and xenophobia by just saying, 'You were robbed of this, you've got something to be angry over, you've got someth… (Click on article title to continue reading)
- Even After January 6, Some in Media Can’t Kick Their Addiction to False Balance
If editors learn anything from the events of the last four years, it should be that "balance" is a dangerous substitute for fairness and accuracy.
- Trump’s Twitter Ban May Be Justified, but That Doesn’t Mean Tech Giants’ Power Isn’t Scary
We urgently need to rethink the power of these social media behemoths, because there are plenty of examples where their enforcement of their rules has been arbitrary and non-transparent.
Breaking News from the Center for Media and Democracy:
- "The House is on Fire," Climate Strikes Come to America March 15
- The Koch Brothers' Freedom Partners Group Spends $115.2 Million in 2017
- Heavy-Handed Industry Maneuver to Crush Soda and Grocery Taxes Is on Oregon Ballot
- Democrats Reintroduce DISCLOSE Act to Combat Dark Money "Poison"
- Coal Lobbyist Hosted Fundraisers for Senators Evaluating His Nomination for Top EPA Post
Breaking News from Columbia Journalism Review:
- Biden’s inauguration and the new abnormal
Early yesterday, then-President Donald Trump vacated the White House and headed to Joint Base Andrews, where he gave a farewell address before flying to Florida. CNN’s Wolf Blitzer wondered aloud if w… (Click on article title to continue reading)
- Benevolent Haze
With the Emerson Collective, Laurene Powell Jobs is becoming a force in American media. What is she trying to achieve?
- The Trump press corps prepares for a new era
As the Trump administration ends, and the Biden administration begins, major news networks and outlets are shaking up their White House reporting staff. At the New York Times, Maggie Haberman will be… (Click on article title to continue reading)
- A tale of two inaugurations
Four years and a day ago, I boarded a bus with what felt like half of my journalism school class and traveled to Washington, DC, for the inauguration of Donald Trump and the Women’s March the day afte… (Click on article title to continue reading)
- The daily grotesque
Warren Craghead drew the Trump news cycle for four-and-a-half years. Today is his final day.